GLOBAL TEST SECURITY PROCEDURES
Prometric takes our role of providing a secure test environment seriously. During the check-in process, we inspect any and all eyeglasses, jewelry and other accessories to look for camera devices that could be used to capture exam content.
You will be required to remove your eyeglasses for close visual inspection. These inspections will take a few seconds and will be done at check-in and again upon return from breaks before you begin or resume testing to ensure you do not violate any security protocol.
Jewelry outside of wedding and engagement rings is prohibited. Please do not wear other jewelry during testing. Hair accessories, ties and bowties are subject to inspection. Please refrain from using ornate clips, combs, barrettes, headbands, tie clips, cuff links and other accessories as you may be prohibited from wearing them during testing and asked to remove these items. Violation of security protocol may result in the termination of your exam and notification to your test sponsor.
WHAT’S NEXT? … BE PREPARED FOR EXAM DAY
Carefully read the Remote Proctoring Regulations listed below and adjust your testing environment accordingly. PRIOR to your exam launch, CLICK HERE to install the ProProctor Application and perform a System Check
REMOTE PROCTORING REGULATIONS: IMPORTANT PLEASE READ
CONFIDENTIALITY OF EXAM CONTENT/SYSTEMS
The remote proctoring application, computer-based test delivery system, tutorial, exam content, and survey are the published, confidential, and proprietary materials or intellectual property of Prometric and/or your test sponsor.
Communicating, publishing, reproducing, or transmitting any part of an exam, in any form or by any means (e.g. verbal, electronic, written, etc.) for any purpose is strictly prohibited. ANY reproduction or disclosure will result in immediate notification to your test sponsor and potential filing of administrative, civil and/or criminal charges against you and anyone directing or conspiring with you.
Your office or home setting must meet the following requirements:
- Testing location must be indoors (walled), well lit, with a closed door and free from background noise and disruptions.
- No third party may be present in the room or enter the room for the duration of the exam. If this occurs, your exam will be terminated and/or your results invalidated.
- Your workstation and surrounding area must be free of pens, paper, electronic devices, etc. No content that could potentially provide an unfair advantage during your exam, including that posted on walls or within your immediate area, will be present during your exam session.
- Two tissues are permitted at workstation, but must be inspected by the Proctor prior to start of exam.
TEST CENTER PROCESSES
- Original, valid (unexpired), government-issued photo & signature bearing identification is required in order to take an exam. Validity and the number of acceptable IDs are predetermined by your test sponsor.
- You will be required to show your workstation and surrounding area.
- You will be required to raise your pants legs above your ankles, empty and turn all pockets inside-out and raise shirt sleeves above your wrists prior to every entry into the online test.
- If you are wearing eyeglasses you will be required to remove them for visual inspection to ensure they don’t contain a recording device. Large jewelry items must be removed from your person prior to and throughout the duration of the exam.
- If you have long hair that covers your ears, you will be asked to pull your hair back to ensure nothing is attached to your ear that could provide an unfair advantage (such as a Bluetooth earpiece).
- Leaving the camera view while the exam is in progress is strictly prohibited.
Prohibited Items and Examinee Conduct in the Virtual Test Center
- Unauthorized personal items may not be accessible while testing. Such items include, but are not limited to: outerwear, hats, food, drinks, purses, bags or briefcases, notebooks, watches, cell phones, electronic devices, or wearable technology.
- Eating, drinking, smoking, and chewing gum are prohibited during the exam. Written notes, published materials and other testing aids are strictly prohibited.
- Light clothing items removed for comfort such as sweaters, suit jackets, scarves, etc., must be hung on the examinee’s chair, not placed in laps or on the workstation desktop. Outerwear such as heavy coats, parkas, rain coats, etc., is not permitted in the immediate testing area.
- Changing location while testing, turning off lighting or audio, speaking to or receiving aid from other individuals is strictly prohibited.
Candidates are required to be professional, civil and respectful at all times while testing. All exams are continuously monitored by video and audio recording. The Remote Proctor (RP) and/or Security Agent (SA) is authorized to dismiss you from the test session for a violation of any of the Testing Regulations, including exhibiting abusive behavior towards the RP or SA. If you are found to have violated any of the regulations during your exam, the RP is required to notify Prometric and your test sponsor. Prometric, alone or in conjunction with your test sponsor, shall then take any further action necessary to sanction your conduct, up to and including invalidation of your test score and/or pursuit of civil or criminal charges. You acknowledge that you have no right to privacy at your current location during exam delivery and that you waive any and all claims asserting a right to privacy. If you do not wish to be recorded (either by video or audio), please notify the proctor immediately of your intent not to proceed with the exam.